Questions to Ask Divorce Attorney
Questions to Ask Divorce Attorney? If you are facing a divorce and speaking with attorneys about representation there are questions you should be asking. First, you should make some phone calls and speak with a minimum of 3 attorneys. If they will not speak to you on the phone and demand an appointment, you should move on. Second, they should be asking you about your situation and gathering information. This is a good sign that they are interested in you and not just getting the client. You should be asking specific questions.
1. How long have you been a divorce attorney. You want someone with a minimum of 5 years of practice. You do not want to be his or her first divorce case. If they are learning on your billable hours that is a problem. Your fees could be triple that of any experienced attorney. A new attorney may take 10 hours at 200 dollars an hour (2,000.00) that an experienced attorney can get done in 5 hours at 300.00 dollars per hour (1,500.00).
2. How many trials have they actually litigated. Unfortunately there are a number of attorneys that have never tried a divorce trial. Experience with the judges and trials is what you are looking for. Some attorneys are afraid or are to lazy to actually try a case and give in to unreasonable demands.
3. What is the divorce process in my county. Each county is different. They should be able to tell you what to expect.
4. What issues should I expect with my case? A good attorney should immediately be able to tell you contested and easy issues.
5. What should I expect for a result? They should be able to tell you a range of a result.
6. What can I expect for attorney fees? They should provide a written fee agreement, monthly billing, and a range of costs to expect based on your case.
Make sure to ask questions. You need to feel comfortable and trust your attorney.
If you have been confronted in your life with a divorce situation requiring legal advice or involvement, do not hesitate to seek guidance from Krupp Law Offices PC and our knowledge of Family law. Not only are consultations at Krupp Law Offices PC free, but oftentimes the earlier our dependable Divorce legal counsel is sought, the higher the chance of a beneficial outcome in the Grand Rapids area. We effectively strategize according the unique circumstances surrounding your Divorce Case, guaranteeing the greatest chance of a favorable result.
Our divorce attorneys have over 95 years of trial experience with extensive divorce trial experience. Considering the seriousness of a divorce, it is extremely important to retain the legal services of an experienced divorce attorney that knows West Michigan.
Krupp Law Offices PC
Divorce Attorney in Grand Rapids Michigan
161 Ottawa NW Suite 404
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
We welcome you to also browse the Krupp Law Offices PC website for additional divorce resources as well as information on our law firm representing Grand Rapids.
OTHER DIVORCE TOPICS:
- Preparing for Divorce
- Legal Separation
- Divorce Process
- Divorce Waiting Period
- Divorce Fault
- Annulment V. Divorce
- Uncontested & Contested Divorce
- Property Division
- Retirement Benefits & Social Security
- Mediation and Arbitration
- High Net-Worth Divorce
- Business Assets & Divorce
- Medical Degrees & Divorce
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Child Custody & Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Change in Domicile
- Restraining Orders
- Personal Protection Orders
- Post Judgment Enforcement and Modifications
- Divorce and Bankruptcy
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Military Divorce
Grand Rapids Divorce Attorney, Divorce Attorney Grand Rapids MI, Grand Rapids Divorce Lawyer, Divorce Lawyer Grand Rapids MI, Family Law Attorney Grand Rapids MI, Divorce Lawyer in Grand Rapids, Divorce Lawyer Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids MI Divorce Attorney, Grand Rapids Family Attorney, Best Divorce Attorney in Michigan, Grand Rapids Family Law Attorney, Best Divorce Attorney in Grand Rapids MI